Thursday, March 28, 2013

I dont match

I grew up in the 80's and early 90's. This was the era of...well, many embarrassing trends, one being that everything was so matchy matchy. Your socks match your shirt and your shorts match your scrunchie.
The best was when you wore 2 or 3 different colors of slouch socks stacked on top of each other to perfectly match your ensemble.
I now realize all it did was give me cankles.
 
 
 
After we got married, the hubs would ask if something he was wearing worked, and now he knows me well enough to know that if his hat is the same color as his shirt, or shorts, its "too matchy matchy" Coordinate, not match. That's what I like.
 
I'm eclectic, even in my home décor, so I love when things don't match, but go together. I feel like it adds a little texture and makes it more interesting.
(in case you missed it, here is a tour of my home "Welcome to the casa!")
 
I confess, I'm still trying to do that with my clothes. I love clothes that coordinate, but don't match. Clothes that have texture (mostly I love being comfortable)
But again, I grew up matching everything, so its a little hard for me to let go of that sometimes.
However, I kind of want to live in this skirt lately and this is one of my favorite shirts...
they don't match... at all...but I liked it and I was comfortable.
I'm pretty sure screen print/vintage t's go with anything and so do stripes, so why not put them together.
 
(I don't know one single song by Lynyrd Skynyrd...I'm a "poser"
Pretending to be more hardcore than I really am =)
 
Rock on!!!
 
?
 



 
 


 Rocker T: thrifted
Maxi skirt: XI
Shoes: DSW (wear them ALL the time)
Bracelets: H&M
Earrings: TJ Maxx
 
 


3 comments:

  1. I am right there with you. I LOVE not matching!! I like going. And, let me just say, I am so jealous that your shirt is thrifted! I always scower the tee shirt section at Savers trying to find a good rocker tee but have not yet been successful. Soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will keep my eyes open for you, Brittany! Everyone needs a good rocker tee!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scruhcie socks were the best! great to see you blogging and your cute style and baby!

    Erica

    Whatever is Lovely

    ReplyDelete