Monday, February 11, 2013

Short hair vs long hair

There are many big decisions to be made throughout life. School, marriage, career, children... which comes with a whole new list of big decisions to make... and for us girls, there is the decision of what to do with our hair.

Oh. My. Gosh! If this isn't one of the most annoying things to have to mull over in life, I don't know what is.  
Should I cut it short. Should I grow it longer. Blonde. Brunette. Curly. Straight. Up. Down. Should I wash it today. Do I have time to wash it.
Hat.
 
The list goes on and on and its something we as women/girls have to face every single day. I'm guessing that if I were to take a poll, 90% of you would say you would love to just shave it off! Yes? Maybe its just me...and Brittany Spears.
 
About 5 weeks ago, I made what, to me, was a very big decision. I decided to chop it all off!
 
Before:
 
I don't have many pictures loaded onto my new computer, so these ones will have to do.
(This was when I was about 7 months pregnant...who needs a plate?)
 
I have wanted to cut my hair for about 10 years now. I love long hair so much...on other people. My best for instance, she has awesome hair! I secretly hate her for it.
Kidding, fella!! Love you...and you hair.

 Anyway, I think my face looks better with short hair. I know this, because about 5 years ago I went pretty short. However, it wasn't short enough, so instead of looking like Meg Ryan, I looked more like a redneck with a mullet. I don't have a picture to show you. Sorry.
 
 
This is what I wanted to look like
 
This is what I felt like
 
Egh!!
 
What was SJH thinking by the way?
 
So 5 weeks ago, I decided that I hated my hair so much, it didn't matter how bad it might look short, I couldn't possibly hate it more than I already did. Even a mullet! 
 
So, I cut it.
 
After:
 

People should not take pictures
of themselves while driving

I LOVE IT!
 
Very NOT mullet-ish, right?
 
Little plug for my hair guy, Chris (602-384-3730)
He is amazing! I've been going to him for over 5 years now (yes, he is the one who gave me the mullet, but it was my fault. I didn't let him go short enough)
I can bring a picture to him of a style I like, and even with my curly, thick hair, he has made it happen every time.
Love him.
 
I love how easy it is.
I love that its off my shoulders and now Brody cant spit up in it.
I love how much less shampoo I use.
 
I feel like I have a "style" now. Before it felt so boring to me. I wore it the same way every day because it was easy.
Now, I feel like my outfits even look cuter because of my new hair! =) 
 
I'm even thinking about going shorter!
 
P.S. Excuse the Miller Genuine Draft t-shirt. I bought it at Savers for pajamas...its comfy. =)
 

 

 

5 comments:

  1. Oh man don't get me started! My hair is so thick that it's almost too heavy long! But I love long hair! And speaking of styles, do you get tired of your clothes almost as fast as your hair? Cuz I do! I get an itch to change my wardbrobe about 3x a year (luckily for my hubby I only buy 2nd hand).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same way! I get bored with my clothes. I can buy things and literally two days later stare into my closet thinking, "I have nothing to wear" WHAT IS THAT ABOUT!?!? =)

      Delete
  2. Oh goodness... hair. It seems to never look how I wish it would! Last night, for the first time since I went short, I finally felt like my hair looked good! Perfect length, just enough natural wave. f.i.n.a.l.l.y.

    I love your hair short! It looks so great on you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Brittany!
      I've always thought your hair was so cute, so I'm shocked to hear that you never like how it looks! Just know, the rest of us have a completely different view of you and you hair than you do ;)

      Delete
  3. Well I had to stalk you ... obviously... Chris did give me the best haircuts I have EVER had, ever...

    Tab I LOVE it on you!!!!

    ReplyDelete