Friday, March 29, 2013

Florals and not high waisted shorts

 
This is a very special weekend...for obvious reasons.
Its Easter. I love Easter.
We dont really have any traditions for it, other than church, of course, and an Easter basket with some chocolate and new pajamas. Yes, pajamas. Don't ask me why, that's just what we do (and toothbrushes in our stockings at Christmas). My mom started this tradition when we were kids and I love it! Who doesn't love a new pair of jammies!
I will do this for my kids...although, I kind of think a little boy wont have the same appreciation for a cute pair of pj's that I had. Unless... I buy superhero pj's!!
Done.

I started to write this post and it was going to be about what Easter means to me, but it turned out to be much longer and more in depth than I expected. How could it not be, its about my Savior.
 Following that with pictures of me posing in my back yard just seemed...out of place. So this post will just be a simple outfit post.
Maybe I will post about what Easter means to me, after Easter.

I love the floral thing that's going on right now, its everywhere! It seemed so appropriate for this particular weekend, and who doesn't love cut-off jean shorts. They go with everything!
I have yet to purchase a pair of high waisted jean shorts.

Not like this

Like this

 I like the look, but I'm scared. As I pointed out in my last post, I was born in the 80's, so I've done the high waist thing... not really excited about doing it again...but, that's the way fashion goes. Things always come back around (ugh, I'm now old enough to say "I use to wear that when I was younger"). This is why I have a hard time getting rid of things and why the hubs has been moved to the guest room closet.
Kidding... sort of.  





 
 








 
Shirt: XI
Cut-off shorts: Thrifted jeans (cut 'em myself)
Earrings: Old
Bracelet: H&M
Watch: Gifted
Sandals: Target
 
Happy Easter eve eve everyone!!
 

2 comments: