Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Yes, I did spray paint my earrings.

I bought these earrings a few years ago. They are by far my favorite pair, but they started to tarnish. I held onto them hoping someday I could have them fixed... or the hubs would surprise me with a real pair made to look like the ones I love so much. No, this is not a hint to my husband...yes it is.
I saw on Pinterest where someone spray painted clear gloss onto their cheap jewelry to keep it from tarnishing. I still haven't tried that, so I don't know if it works. However, it inspired me to spray paint my old earrings gold again! I bought some gold metallic paint, sprayed the little suckers, and....

The one on the right is what they looked like before their new paintjob.
I think they turned out pretty well! I did have to spray them with a gloss the next day, because the gold paint was rubbing off onto my fingers.
 
On a side note: I didn't want paint to come off inside my ear, so I held the part that goes into my ear with a plastic bag as I sprayed, keeping the paint from getting on that part of the earring.
 
Next post: my Labor Day Weekend
 
Here's to spray paint!!
I feel like spray paint is women's version of duct tape. It can fix ANYTHING!
 
Happy Tuesday!!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Minzi! Glad to hear you've had success spray painting your jewelry. I just started and I'm addicted now!

    ReplyDelete