Monday, August 19, 2013

Thrifted outfit post - my new J.Crew dress

I typically don't purchase dresses like this. I love them so much...on other people. They just dont hang right on me. Thanks to my man shoulders, I feel that if I wear something that isn't at least a little form fitting, I look frumpy, or pregnant. Neither of which are good...unless I am in fact pregnant. Which I'm not (Kerri)!!
 
However, this dress was hanging on the rack at Savers and the stripes called out to me - as stripes typically do. I looked at the tag and it was a J.Crew. I thought "hey, maybe Mr. Crew can make me feel less frumpy in a dress like this".
 
Good work, J! I feel very mod in my new dress, and not the least bit pregnant. And it has pockets! A dress with pockets is almost as exciting as anything with stripes.
 
P.S. - Please excuse the wrinkles, I hadn't had it dry cleaned yet. I was too excited to share my latest thrift store find!
 



J-Crew dress: Savers $7
Cuff: Savers $3
Shoes: The Rack $never mind
 
 

If you are reading this, I think you should consider following my blog. My reasons for this request are completely self serving. I would like to get free stuff.
Honesty is the best policy, I always say.
Just click on the "Join this site" button, or "Follow by email", enter your info and voila! You now get notifications when I post something new! Almost as exciting as Christmas, right?
 
 
~Mimzi~

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! What a great find. I just went to SAVERS over lunch and picked up a few things (posting on the blog this week) so you can see! I love this dress on you. I love anything with pockets...especially skirts and dresses! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kimberly!! I've been addicted to Savers lately! Well, more than usual anyway. I don't remember the last time I bought an article of clothing that wasn't thrifted =)
      BTW, I'm so happy to hear about your dad!!!

      Delete
  2. I already follow you, and I am SO glad that I do! I mean, who wouldn't? You're one of my favorites (in real life.. and in blogland)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man I just love you so much! You're one of my favorites too, friend!

      Delete
  3. Oh wow that dress looks stunning on you! MMm I think you need to take me shopping! Kimberly and I are thinking about going to Savers! It will be my first! LOl, I know its ridiculous. You girls inspire me. Sexy mamasita, Whistle , Whistle, you look amazing

    Paola

    ReplyDelete