Tuesday, April 30, 2013

My new favorite (easy) muffin recipe

I love easy recipe's. Who doesn't!
 
I found this on a blog that I came across via someone's Instagram. I'm sure you can also find it on Pinterest...what cant you find on Pinterest. Can I get an Amen!?
 
Also, as you will see from the pictures in this post, the hubs did something pretty amazing... He went and bought me a brand new fancy camera for my birthday!!!! (which is in two weeks. Feel free to write comments and tell me how much I don't look 32...please, I'm begging you)
I've been having so much fun with my new iphone, and will continue to enjoy the crap out of it (oh I do love my iphone), but I have also wanted a fancy camera that would make everything in the background fuzzy. That's it. That is the main reason I wanted a fancy camera. I can't get enough of the fuzzy background! For the foreseeable future, all of my pictures are going to look like that. I'm going to have to get it out of my system.
 
And now, for the recipe, and a few too many pictures for a recipe post:
 
Sugar free (not really cause there are chocolate chips, so I dont know why she calls them sugar free) Flour-less banana oat muffins
 
Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups raw oats
1 cup sour cream
1/4 cup honey
1tsp vanilla
1tsp baking soda
chocolate chips
2 ripe bananas
(I only use one, because I'm not a fan of fruit in my dessert-ish type foods... although I've been eating these for breakfast and for some reason that makes it ok)
 
Method:
Combine all ingredients and mix until combined (ha!)
pour into paper-lined cupcake pan and bake for 12 to 15 minutes in a 400 degree oven.
They should be lightly browned on the top. Let cool. Eat!
 
What I used

Fuzzy background!!!
(I may need to invest in an assistant, because taking a picture with one hand while pouring the honey into the measuring cup with the other, was comical...and messy)
 
The best part.

I read that you could substitute sour cream with greek yogurt when baking, so I split the recipe in half and made muffins with both....


Nope.
Google, you failed me this time.
 

The muffins in the pink liners are the greek yogurt muffins...they deflated.  

These are the sour cream muffins. Pur-tee!
 
Happy Tuesday!!!



4 comments:

  1. These look so yummy! Pictures look amazing! What kind of camera did you get?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kimberly!! I'm having fun figuring it all out. I'm not sure, but I think its the same one Kerrin has... Its the Canon Rebel T1i

      Delete
  2. Your pictures look amazing, Tabitha!!! What a great hubby you've got there! So sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Brittany! I agree, he's pretty amazing! You and I got a couple of the good ones ;)

      Delete