Monday, August 12, 2013

Another vacation = more pictures = more laundry.

I'm tired. The kind of tired where your eyes burn and you cant focus anymore because your eyelids keep trying to shut. It was all worth it, but please excuse any typos.

Our family vaca was a success. We made it back without any major sunburns, although not without some pretty stellar farmer tans. I also picked up a little surfer lingo, such as stellar.

As much fun as all of these vacations have been, I am ready to be home. It felt so good to walk in our door Friday afternoon, unload all of our crap onto the middle of the living room floor, eat some take out, put B to bed, then vedge on the couch while the hubs watched a few preseason football games and I scrolled through Pinterest. Hello life. I've missed you.

And now, for some pics! I didn't take as many as I thought I would. I have to remind myself that, while documenting moments are important, being in the moment is also important. Sometimes I worry Brody is going to think a cell phone is part of the human anatomy.
He's going to be 25, remembering those special moments from his childhood, and in every memory is going be my pink floral cell phone, as though it were an extra limb, like a third hand...or something. For this reason I will try and keep a balance between documenting moments, and just being in the moment.



 

 
San Diego Zoo!
 


Somebody learned how to point this week!
Its funny how being a new mom means little things like pointing are cause for celebration.
 


 
I'm going to say the giraffes were B's favorite.
I'm going to say that because they are my favorite, and B cant talk, so he cant argue.
 
 
My beautiful mom...and a very serious child.



The crew




 
There is so much handsome in this picture, I can hardly stand it ^ ^ ^


 
The hubs and his biggest fan.
This little mop follows him everywhere! If only she knew that he wasn't the one who wanted her in the first place. IT WAS ME! I'm the one you should love!!!
I digress.



 
 
He's so little-big now.
We are officially two months away from his 1 year birthday....
Please excuse me while I bawl my eyes out.
 
Next post: My latest thrift store finds! It was one of those days where I knew right away it was going to be a good haul. And it was.
 
Happy Monday!!
 
~Mimzi~

6 comments:

  1. oh my gosh the first picture - in the suitcase. i can't take it. your child is the cutest little ham there is!
    you guys make the most gorgeous family!!! love you guys so much!
    ... i know now how frustrating that dot dot dot at the end of the post is. the anticipation is killing me!
    xoxo, fella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. p.s. i just stole that suitcase picture. it is now my screensaver!

      Delete
    2. That's right, fella! Pay back for all of those dot dot dot posts you've had!!! And thank you for saying/typing those nice things. For that, I will make you dinner tonight. =)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in love with the way you love your son! Seriously. You're such a great mommy!

    ReplyDelete