Tuesday, August 13, 2013

My latest thrift store finds and a down side to thrifting

I don't consider myself to be a naïve person. I have my moments of course, but in general, I am not particularly naïve. Personally, I find naivety to be a good quality. Its a quality I respect. There is so much junk in this world, and if someone has chosen to shelter themselves from it to the point of being what the general population would consider naïve, kudos to you.

While I do not feel that I posses said quality, I, at times, can be ignorant. A few weeks ago I found a shirt at a thrift store that I thought would make a perfect pajama shirt. It fit just right. Not too big, not too little, it was soft, and it had hot pink writing, which I find myself drawn to as of late. I'm not one of those girls who has to look cute and put together for bed. I wish I was, but I'm not. If my shirt matches my bottoms...it was an accident. Poor hubs. Not quite what he imagined married life to be like. So, I saw this shirt and thought, "hey! maybe this would help me look semi cute for bed" and I bought it.

While on vacation, I decided to sport my cute new pajama top, since I would be in the company of more than just the hubs. On the back of this shirt, in hot pink block letters, was the word "Nympho". You see, the shirt is from H&M, so I assumed it was a European word, or something foreign and trendy.... I was pronouncing it wrong in my head. After my husband had a good laugh, at my expense, I Googled the word.
Nope, not a foreign word.
From now on, I will do better research before buying a shirt from a thrift store that has writing on it.

Luckily this whole experience did not deter me from thrifting. When we got back from vacation I needed to stop at Savers to get a few things for the upcoming wedding I've been planning. I found exactly what I was looking for. While I was there I decided to look around for myself...for three hours. Don't judge.
Here are some of my finds.




To copy this look from this adorable mommy blogger
http://www.stylinmommies.com/
Shirt: $4
Jeans: $5
The cut-offs were originally wide leg jeans. Snip, snip.

 


Crochet vest: $4




To copy this look. Although, I don't pretend I can pull things off like Siena Miller.
A girl can try.
 
 
Tank: $3
 
Gap vest: $6
 
Baby boots: $5
 
Kenneth Cole shorts for B: $1.50 (each)
Tank: $0.75
 
Hammer pants: $1.50
Baby beanie: $0.75
Snuggles from the cutest boy in the whole world: Priceless
 
This was probably my favorite find! Homemade ice cream, people!!
The old wood ice cream makers work better than the plastic ones they sell now. 
Bonus: they look cool!


Wedding knick knacks: $15 (total)


There's a glimpse at my thrift store haul from Saturday!
There were a few more items, but they get their own post  =)

Happy Tuesday and boo to naughty shirts!

~Mimzi~
 

9 comments:

  1. BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... i just peed a little. i bet liked that shirt so much!!!

    oh my gosh! Stop! You are the best thrifter there is!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha! If you pee a little from a good laugh now, just wait until after you have a baby!!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Anne! I don't think Todd appreciates my thrift shopping as much as he should. I always tell him how much money I'm saving him! ;)

      Delete
  3. Oh goodness you are inspiring me to spend the cash I have in my wallet! Good finds, I love the baby clothe and the vest! I cant wait to see pictures of you waring them.

    Good Job

    Paola

    http://lovealwayspaola.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Paola! Shopping for baby clothes has become my new obsession! I love it!!

      Delete
  4. GREAT find Tab! Look at those boots for Smudge!! Love 'em!!
    You are a thrifting pro my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so excited when I saw those boots! I haven't been to the Savers over by Clark Hill in so long! I need to stop in there one of these days. I still love the one on 7th St. and Cave Creek though. Its by far my favorite.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for sharing this informative blog with us..I have been a regular visitor of this site and I love reading blogs posted here.They are truly very well written,precise and to the point.

    designer baby clothes & petit bateau sale

    ReplyDelete